Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Arrival Day

These are the pink postcards from the first day. Technical difficulties kept us from posting them. Sorry about that. So now here they are!

DO, Mustang, OK

We spent our first day in Cologne traveling around attempting to get to know the city. Thank you to all of you who prayed for me about the flight. I wasn’t a huge fan of it, but it was alright. Continue praying that my physical and mental well being will be all working and stuff so that I can focus on the task at hand, and mom thank you for the cards. I read both on the second day of base camp! I miss you all- you know who you are! See you soon!

JCB, Hinton, OK

First day here…awesome! We got to walk 5 jillion miles today and eat some sweet Germany food!! I got some Euro money to buy food and junk. Thanks for the prayers.

JK, Mounds, OK

I felt that the first day was very exhausting. After my large group got off of the airplane we had to move around the city so we could learn how the transportation system works. I feel very tired right now, but I know it will get better. Everyone who has been praying for me, keep it up and I love all of you.

MK, Perkins, OK

The flight was great. I love flying. I pretty much slept the whole way, it was wonderful. We got to see the city today. It was so interesting to begin to see the new cultures. And I’m very excited to begin working in the city.